Thursday, January 31, 2008


1. If you're an American, are you registered to vote? If not, why not? Does it matter to you? If you do not live in the USA, what type of government does your country have? Between yours and ours, which government is better? Why? Yes! I believe that, as a woman, thousands of women fought for my right to express my political opinion. It would be a slap in their faces if I didn't vote. Voting does matter to me. I am somewhat liberal in my beliefs. My state may be considered a conservative state, but I feel my vote DOES count. Our government may have it's faults, but, I'm still happy to be an American. It may not be perfect, but it's still the best in the world.


2. Registered American voter or not, what do you think of all these primary elections leading up to the real thing 9 months from now? Does it matter to you? Why/why not? Do you think it matters at *all*? Why/why not? Sometimes I get a little tired of all the political hoopla. Mudslinging and negativism for 9 month PRIOR to an election is a little much, in my opinion. One day politicans will be campagining all the time, regardless, and I'm not looking forward to that! Knowing the candidates positions on issues is wonderful, but, having to deal with it year-round can be a little exhausting.



3. What qualities does your ideal presidential candidate possess? What do you want to see changed? What do you want to see happen in general? Is there any hope for any of it to come true? An ideal president doesn't exsist. He/She cannot be all things for all people. Humans are flawed by nature and prone to making mistakes and lapses in judgement. I would like a president who is down-to-earth, hard-working, environmentally conscience, level-headed and honest. I would like to see an end to the war, universal healthcare, a balanced budget and changes to social issues (welfare and poverty). In general, I'd just like for our country to re-gain some of it's credibility and help others who are suffering all over the world. All of this is only possible in a perfect world, however.

3 comments:

Debs said...

Great answers!

I tagged you for a meme. :)

Glad to see you are back! I have really missed you. :)

MommaBoo said...

Thank ya ma'am!

Glad to be back....:)

Beckie said...

Jennieboo,

I didn't know you were back! I hope you had a fantastic break - take it easy so you don't burn out again. I took a break from Christmas to mid January- it was nice.

You did a great job with the election process - I agree with you.