Wednesday, January 30, 2008



In honor of my diet (ugghh), I decided to list:


Thirteen Healthy Snack Ideas


1.) Raw Vegetables (carrots, celery, broccoli or zucchini served with a lowfat dip.)


2.) Fresh Fruit (cut into slices or halves; apples, oranges, bananas, grapes)


3.) Lowfat quick breads and muffins (such as pumpkin, zucchini, banana or bran)


4.) Non-sugared cereals


5.) Air-popped popcorn without butter or salt


6.) Snack mixes made from whole grain cereal and various nuts/dried fruit.


7.) Lowfat yogurt with fresh, canned or frozen fruit


8.) Lowfat cottage cheese with fresh, canned or frozen fruit.


9.) Shakes/smoothies made with lowfat milk or yogurt and fruit.


10.) Unsweetened fruit juices (8 oz.)


11.) Granola bars (Nature Valley, Caribou Coffee, etc.)


12.) Peanut Butter (on a rib of celery or straight up on a teaspoon)


13.) Ice Pops (frozen unsweetened fruit juice)

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Great list! I have to admit I have tried air popped popcorn plain..yucky! I do add a little butter.

SJ Reidhead said...

I'm partial to Sonic ice!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Great list! We snack on a lot of those!! :D

Anonymous said...

Fresh fruit yes, but I can't ever imagine any circumstances when I'd eat raw veggies.

Open Grove Claudia said...

Hurray for you!! You are clearly on your way to losing weight! Congratulations!

Happy TT.

Unknown said...

Great list, always important for a diabetic to have handy.

~ The Mama Bear
TT participant @ http://cafeendofuniverse.blogspot.com/

Karina said...

Great snack list...I'm indulging in some of those at this time as well...ugh diets! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I should be eating stuff like this instead of my usual junk.

Joyismygoal said...

#12 is my all time favorite on celry