Monday, September 17, 2007

In Memoriam







I have some sad news.

My parent's kitty, Ellie Mae (she was my friend when I lived at home) was killed yesterday morning.

My parent's next door neighbor found her body. He buried her and then told Gea-Mom & Bob when they got home from lunch, after church. Apparently some unattended neighborhood dogs ended Ellie Mae's life.

Ellie Mae has been a part of our family for 12 years. She walked up on Father's Day. Her throat was infected with "woofs". Gea-Mom & I nursed her back to health and she remained our outdoor kitty.

Since she lived outside, Ellie Mae had a "crush" on my father. She followed him everywhere. They played all the time. She was a constant, loyal companion to my Daddy.

She was one of a kind and will be sorely missed.

Goodbye, Ellie Mae.

15 comments:

Fianna said...

Awww...I am so sorry! That is horrible. My condolences!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry about Ellie Mae. How sad. :-(

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! We lost a dearly loved cat a few weeks ago and I know how hard it is.

Send hugs to your parents, ok?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a caring neighbor to take care of Ellie Mae for your parents.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. She was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So very sorry to read this as I'm visiting for Fun Monday :(. Twelve years is a long, long time.

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Jennie I am so sorry.
Saying a prayer for your sweet Ellie Mae.
Take care

She-Schenker said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Sometimes people forget what an important part of our lives pets are. =((

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I am sorry for your loss. It is a difficult thing when we lose a pet-companion-friend. She was beautiful and you will all miss her much.

Help I need a user name! said...

Oh, Jennie-I'm so sorry. So very sorry. What a horrible loss.

my4kids said...

Sorry about your family kitty that is sad.

Anonymous said...

Sweet BabyJen,

Thank You for what You did for Ellie Mae. She was a big part of my life when I was outside at home.
She was always around and was fun to play with. I loved Her so much. She was a friend to me.

Thank You Again,
Daddy Loves You

qualcosa di bello said...

jennie...i am so sorry to hear about ellie mae. she was just beautiful. hugs and blog love to all of you.

MommaBoo said...

Thank you, all, for your kind words and thoughts. My family and I truly appreciate all the thought and well wishes.

Thanks, again, everyone!

Debs said...

This is awful. :( I am so sorry. :(