Friday, August 03, 2007

Sad news....

I just got a call from my sissy.

Her husband's grandfather had a stroke last night. He has also been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease.

Apparently he is unable to talk, is having trouble "understanding" family/friends, cannot recognize family members and has been stricken with paralysis.

Please pray for him (J. C. Pouncey), his family and friends. He is a wonderful, generous, caring man. It hurts my heart to know he is suffering.

We are going to visit him, tonight, after work. I will give you all an update then.

8 comments:

Jen said...

I hope he is more functional soon. Poor man!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for him and all of you.
Many Hugs,
Frances

Anonymous said...

That is so sad.. I will keep him in my thoughts. My great-grandmother had Alzheimer's and it was hard for everyone.

MommaBoo said...

Thank you all for your prayers and positive energy.

He is undoubtedly a Christian, so if we do lose him, I am certain he'll go to a better place. Thing is, we're selfish and want him here!

Thanks again everyone! I'll post an upddate tonight.

Karina said...

My prayers and positive vibes are on their way to him and your family!

HUGS

Beckie said...

I understand about being selfish and wanting loved ones to stay with us....

I am sending prayers and positive thoughts for J.C. Pouncey.

qualcosa di bello said...

jennie...consider it done!

mks said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My grandfather suffered a couple of strokes in his life and it is hard to see someone you love not be able to remember. I will think positively for you all.