Monday, July 23, 2007

LATE Fun Monday #26



Oh my Gracious!

I almost forgot about "Fun Monday"! I went to a friend's blog and saw here submission and I remembered I hadn't done mine. OOOOOPS!

Fun Monday is being hosted by Willowtree @ "A Dingo's Got My Barbie".

Here is this week's assignment:

"Tell us about your best friend. Particularly things like: where you first met, how long you've been friends and why you think you are best friends"
OR
"Who is the TV character that most makes you want to put your foot through the screen (it must be a character, not a person in reality TV). And why."


Okay, Here's my assorted tom-foolery:

First off, we were told NOT to list our spouse as our best friend. "This would be to EASY".

Well, all I can say to that is this: "The Hubby", Michael, IS my best friend. He knows me better than anyone else in this world. He is my confidant, supporter and ally. He has always been right beside me and always will be. He accepts me for who I am and has never tried to change me or has ever thrown my many short-comings in my face.

We met at a football game. His sister, Cindy, and I were sitting together watching her nephew play quarterback for our high school. Mike was cold and I had an extra blanket. I offered it to him and offered him the seat beside me. The rest, as they say, is history.

We like the same music, movies and books. We have similar beliefs and convictions. We can finish one another's sentences and we know what the other is thinking, without even speaking. We are married, but were friends before becoming "romantically" involved. He makes me laugh and smile; his sweetness and kindness make me proud to just be with him. I am so honored he is a part of my life and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

AND for those that believe listing a spouse as one's best friend is to "easy", I have this to say: There is absolutely NOTHING better in this world than being married to the best friend you've ever had.
I love you, Michael. Our friendship and love mean more to me than you'll ever know.

20 comments:

ChrisB said...

Easy or not that is a lovely tribute to your best friend- that's really a novel way to show your photos :)

Anonymous said...

Awww...how sweet, like two peas in a pod!

Anonymous said...

Great post JennieBoo!

Robocop said...

Sometimes, a spouse is the best friend.

Beckie said...

Great post! I broke the rule also!

Melanie said...

You are so right! My hubby is my best friend too. I can't even think of anyone else I would consider a close second.

Anonymous said...

Great tribute to your hubby. I went out on a limb on my Fun Monday (first one) so mentioned my hubby, but went off on a tangent. I did a tribute to my hubby for TT, so didn't need to sound sappy. You did a great friend tribute.

Beccy said...

What a lovely tribute to the relationship you share with Mike.

Molly said...

I love your best friend post. It is grand the you and Michael found each other.

You gave your blanket to a cold stranger? I think that Michael has a keeper.

Kaytabug said...

A great post about your best friend. I broke the rule too!

Karina said...

What a beautiful post! I'm glad you broke the rule and went with your heart, because obviously you have the best of the best in your hubby and best friend!!

willowtree said...

Everyone broke the damn rules!!!!

Anonymous said...

You sound like soulmates - good stuff to last a lifetime!

Raven_Dase said...

sooo sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

awww totally sweet

Pamela said...

You guys look a wee bit alike, too. except you have lots more hair.
(:

Sweet sweet post!

Debs said...

Beautiful tribute! :) Glad you did a Fun Monday as well. Great pics!!

my4kids said...

Great post! I'm really married to my best friend also.

uncaringbear said...

I don't think there's anything wrong at all in saying your best friend is your spouse. Sadly, I think there are more than a few people who can't say the same about their spouse!

AfKaP said...

Hey, WT - Not everyone did!! But it is a very difficult assignment!!