Tuesday, January 29, 2008

No Time to Work Out?


New research from the UK shows that even a little activity produces big benefits. In one study, a group of sedentary adults walked for 30 minutes a day five days a week, a second walked 30 minutes three days a week, and a third did nothing. After 12 weeks, the exercise groups show drops in waist and hip circumference, blood pressure and weight. "A little exercise is good, more is better, and anything is better than nothing," says Robyn Stuhr of the American Council on Exercise. So take an extra lap around the mall, go ice skating, or pop in an exercise DVD when it's too cold to walk.

Bridget Nelson Monroe

4 comments:

MommaBoo said...

To be totally honest, I HATE working out!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'm not a big fan of working out either. Not at all really.

BUT since I've been walking my doggies every single time they go out--5 to 6 times a day for 10-20 minutes each time--I've noticed a slight change in my measurements (judging on how my clothes fit). I figured it was better than nothing, and look! Science agrees :)

MommaBoo said...

Congrats to you Sognatrice!

Although, I suspect you never have been that large to begin with. Am I right?

Anonymous said...

I should be exercising right now. But, instead I am blogging while eating a bowl (or three) or cereal.