Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Boo's Interveiw

From my blogging buddy, Karina. Please visit her blog, Candid Karina.



Here are your interview questions:

I'll start with the question I'm asking everyone, which is:



Tell us the why and when of your blog. When did you start and why did you start? I began blogging in April of 2006. I blogged for about 6 weeks, took a break for about4 months and started back. (Those 4 months were an awkward time for "The Boo".) I began blogging because I wanted to met some new folks. (which I have and am sooooooooooo thankful for!) Since I don't have a public job, my blog is my communication with others, besides "The Hubby" and Miss Cleo Ann. I also wanted to leave "a little piece of my daily life and such" for my future family. It's just my way of adding a little "Boo" love to the blog-o-sphere.

I named it after a phrase I used to say to my childhood pet, an orange kitty named after Jim Morrison, my favorite singer at the time. It was "gimme me some love" but morphed into a strange variation of the syllables: "O So Mo Love". Who knows? Anyway, I knew NO ONE would have this name for their blog and that it would be available. I was right!


It seems I'm also asking this of all the bloggers who are married, I wonder if it means anything about me? Hmm…



Anyway, tell us about your husband. How did you two meet? How did you know he was the one? My husband, Michael, or "The hubby", as I refer to him here on my blog, is my soul mate. He is 5' 10" and weighs 230 or so. He wears glasses, buzz cuts his hair, has the softest feet because he ALWAYS wears socks and is an excellent cook. He has blue-grey eyes, a beautiful
smile and is my knight in shining armour.

We met at a birthday lunch his family was having for him. My family and I tagged along and I met him there. I wished him a very happy birthday and he has since told me he wanted to be with me from that moment.

About two weeks later, we were at a high school football game. It was freezing. Mike had on a windbreaker and I am sure was freezing. I had an extra blanket and insisted he use it. A week later, he came to my church and asked for my phone number. He asked me out, we went to see Prince of Egypt and the rest is, as they say, history. I'll never forget how snug he looked in that blanket. It's at the foot of our bed as a matter of fact....


I know that you currently cannot work (besides all the work that running a household entails,that is), but

if you were to think of your dream career, what would it be? In other words, what do you want to be when you grow up? haha I would love to work with plants or animals. A horticulturalist or in a pet store or zoo. I love God's creatures and working with them would be a wonderful experience.


What is your favorite place in the world to vacation to? Why? Tell us about it and your experiences there. I enjoy the beach because that's where we honeymooned. It reminds me of how much I love my husband. I also enjoy the sound of the surf, the sand between my toes and the smell of the warm breeze.

Since I'm vegetarian, I don't eat seafood, but my hubby really enjoys it. I enjoy seeing him enjoy it. It's the freshest at the beach.

I also enjoy the souvenirs one can get at the beach. Shell scoping is an activity I really enjoy!


How did Miss Cleo become part of your family?
"The Hubby" and I are cat people. We both LOVE kitties. We were not allowed to have a pet in our first apartment. After we rented our house, we got a kitty.

About 6 months after we got married, we moved into our new place. One Friday, I had had a migraine headache earlier in the week and was feeling better. So, Mike suggested we go get a baby.

We went to the Humane Shelter and went directly into the "Cat Room". I wanted a kitten. Mike saw Cleo in one of the cages and decided we must have HER!

She was friendly and precious, so we adopted her.

Her original owner had named her Precious, but Mike decided she needed a more "human" sounding name. By Sunday afternoon, Cleo had settled in and had her new name, home and parents. Ann, her middle name, was my only contribution to her new life.

She has become my baby and loyal companion. She was there through my therapy (after my stroke), she never judges me and always meets me at the door when I come home. She meows at me and has an unusual purr. She is always ready for a rub or "comb down". She's a vital part of our family and we both love her so much!


For the rules to the "meme", go to my original post, here: http://candidkarina.blogspot.com/2007/08/interview-with-blogger.html

Have fun!

If you are not bored to tears by now, I salute you!

6 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I enjoyed this, so much, that I want MORE!!! I love your storytelling.

:-)

MommaBoo said...

Well, thank you sweetie.

I'm not so great at atorytelling, but, you're nice to say so.....

I ALWAYS enjoy talking about my hubby. You know, I think I'm obesessed.

Melanie said...

Bored to tears??? No way- I love getting to know more about you!!

MommaBoo said...

That's so sweet of you Melanie.

I am so blessed to have met so many wonderful people via this blog!

It is really a blessing.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Great answers Jennie! I don't think I've ever told you, but my mom used to have a cat named Cleo too--I named her :)

MommaBoo said...

Cleo

How can one NOT love a Cleo?

"The Hubby" named our baby!

(((sognitrice))) <- indicates hugs