Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tueday Twosome ~ 8/21/07~



Do you check your email once a day or more? Explain: More. I have the Yahoo! toolbar and it alerts me when there's new email. I try to check it at least 2 or 3 times a day. More than say, 12 messages or so, my head starts to hurt and what not.

When you receive SPAM emails, do you just delete them or take the time to mark it as SPAM? Explain: In Yahoo! there is a SPAM button. One selects the SPAM then clicks the button. Yahoo! blocks that address from then on. And no, I don't read them. I look at the sender and subject. If they are unknown to me, SPAM button becomes their fate. I don't want my computer over run with spyware, viruses or pop-up ads. Ugggghhh!

When a friend/acquaintance emails you a “forward” email like a joke or chain letter, do you forward it to your friends or just delete it? Explain: Sometimes I forward them, IF they're appropriate. Sometimes not. I read them and then decide if they're "the real thing" or just a who-ha.

Who are two people whose emails you look forward to receiving? Explain: This isn't fair. I love all my email. I can't single one or two of my loved ones out. I enjoy all email, EXCEPT spam crap!

Do you believe that email has completely replaced other forms of communication? Not completely. Sure it's the "easiest" way to communicate, but "old-fashioned" letters or phone calls are awesome. I enjoy them as well!


2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Spam boggles my mind... do people actually buy prescription drugs from people they don't know? I'm guessing someone, somewhere must, or these people would stop!

As to the rest, I absolutely agree :-)

Kwizgiver said...

I feel the same about choosing emails. I look forward to all of mine, too!

:-)