Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ten on Tuesday



10 Things I Don’t Like About My Job:

I am a stay-at home wife, so my job is housekeeping and such.

Here’s what I don’t like about it:


1. NO ONE acknowledges home making as a job.


2. I NEVER get paid one cent for it!


3. It is never maintained. In ½ hour you can even tell I’ve straightened or cleaned.


4. When I’m done, there’s never anything to show for the hours I’ve worked on it.


5. I’m never praised for a well-done job.


6. It’s a never-ending battle. I dust at 8:00 and by 10:00 it’s right back on everything again!


7. I have poor balance, so some household chores are difficult.


8. Mopping, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming makes my back hurt.


9. Playtex gloves and bleach leave a lingering odor on my hands.


10.The worse thing about “house keeping” is that it is considered a “thinkless” job!

4 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

#s 9 and 10!!! YES!! I so agree with you.

I'm keeping tabs on how much I get paid [$0.00] and will expect that in full, later in life!! Hubby knows just how much he owes me ---I keep reminding him

Special K ~Toni said...

You dust? You are spoiling your man! That is the one thing I wont do, probably because it was my chore growing up!

I also hate how staying home is a thankless job!

Patois42 said...

I'll back you up on all of those, but it is #3 that is near and dear tomy heart!

PJD said...

Can't wait to see your list next week. :-)