Monday, August 06, 2007


Chris B over at Ms. Cellania, is hosting Fun Monday this week.
Thank you, Chris, for hosting this week!
Chris' instructions are as follows:


"'show your aprons' it can be your favourite or an unusual one or more than one. Be creative as you like; and secondly if, like me, you have lots of 'tea towels' that are brand new (or could be an old favourite) I would like to see those as well and hear the story behind the picture- was it a gift from a holiday, a present from auntie that you only use when she visits etc..........."


I am not going to be able to post pics of my "tea towels" this week. My computer refuses to cooperate with my pic program, so I'm outta luck! Argggghhhhh!

All I can say is this:

I have never had an apron. None of the women in my family have ever worn aprons, so I don't even own one. Go fig....

I DO have a gazillion "tea towels", though. In our family we call them dish "rags" and dish "towels". I have all kinds. Old, new, borrowed, BLUE! (haha)

I have about a dozen dish "rags" in various stages of "newness". Same goes for my dish "towels".

I have no color scheme. There are all kinds, all colors. I've gotten them as gifts, from the dollar store and at yard sales. I've even brought loved one's home with me with leftovers! (I don't ALWAYS return them!)

They are usually washed/dried separate from the other laundry, since I use so many each week. They occupy a basket in my "laundry nook". I clean with them, wash dishes, polish mirrors, dust, you name it!

I am grateful for all of them. I wouldn't take anything for them. They are truly "lifesavers" in my home.

YAY for dish rags/towels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed this Fun Monday! To see other's contributions, click on the Fun Monday button above.
Beckie at Give it a Try (one of my "She Who Blogs" buddies)will be hosting next week's Fun Monday. Stop by and sign up! It's always fun and challenging! (Especially if your computer is acting screwy. This "dern" computer of mine!)
Happy Monday, all!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love dish towels like that. Mine dry hands, dishes, dust, etc. They are so handy.

Anonymous said...

So glad to know someone else calls them dish rags...I didn't grow up calling them tea towels, mainly because our "dish rags" came out of flour sacks.
Sorry about your cornpooter problems. I have them all the time.

Anonymous said...

BloggerBooger didn't let me finish signing in/out.

Swampwitch said...

So, I'll just sign in/out every way that I can...So There !

MommaBoo said...

Swampwitch <---- You Go Girl! Sign in However you can. JUST GET IN! lol

I am glad you ladies use your dish "rags" for multiple jobs, too! Now I don't feel so "unciliziled".

:)

Melanie said...

I signed up to do this one and then forgot about it! Oops!

Beckie said...

I second what Swampy said - I am glad someone else calles the rags. Now I feel more normal.

Have a good week, JennieBoo, and thanks for the mention about next week.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Ok, I do, at least, have dish towels! No matching sets and what not, just a whole bunch of different ones too!

Karina said...

I actually had to look up "tea towels" when I saw this week's assignment, because I've always called them dish towels or dish rags as well.

I didn't take any pictures of mine though, because they're all WAY over-used and although clean, still grody looking! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love dish towels too and have a similar eclectic collection. I wash mine separately too; they are all put in a mesh bag on a hook until they are washed. They are one of my favourite kitchen items as listed on one of my TTs. Are you going to keep up the family tradition of no aprons, or branch out and start a new one?

Beccy said...

I have a drawer full of dish rags/towels there's no way they were being photographed for today as no matter how much I boil wash them they look like dirty rags.

theotherbear said...

Glad someone else doesn't tend to wear aprons! I had to search hard to find one at my place.

Tiggerlane said...

I'm with the you on the aprons - none in my possession. And DISH RAGS RULE!!

Pamela said...

mine are all splotched with bleach. Why will I never learn. Either just buy white ones because I'm a bleach freak, OR... use hydrogen peroxide.I've heard that it cleans nicely and doesn't ruin the dish rags/towels/

ChrisB said...

The ones I put on show are my unused ones but I have another drawer full for daily use and I keep some small towels for general wiping hands and wiping surfaces.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I thought there was a difference between tea towels and dish rags--tea towels are the fancy-you-use-'em-for-company-or-decorations non raggedy kind of towel, and dish rags do the dirty work (that's how it works at my house).

I do have a few aprons, but for some reason, I rarely remember to actually use 'em! It sure would save on loads of laundry if I would wear mine :/.

Love how enthusiastic you are--it really comes through in your words :).

I'm still trying to wade through all the Fun Monday-ers...since I was out of town then posted late, it's quite a challenge!

Happy Friday!