Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Best "COOL DRINK" ever!

Recently, I decided to try something new at my local bookstore "coffee bar". I got a caramel Italian cream soda.

It was DIVINE!

So, like I always do, I came home and have been fiddling in the kitchen to come up with a "homemade" version. I FINALLY perfected it this morning....yum!

Here's what I came up with:

JennieBoo's Italian Cream Soda

Handful of crushed ice
1/8 cup flavoring (I used the Carmel flavoring I enjoy in my coffee. You can use any flavoring you'd like!)
1/4 cup half-n-half (I use soy half -n- half)
1/2 Seltzer water (The kind mixed drinks are made with.)
Whipped Cream

Add ice to the bottom of the "glass" you are making the soda in. Add flavoring on top of ice. Then add the half -n- half. Stir with a long spoon. Add the Seltzer water on top of half -n- half mixture. Stir well. PERFECT! At the bar, they asked if I wanted whipped cream on top. I didn't, but you certainly can add it on top if you'd like!

I enjoy this "cool drink" because I don't get enough calcium and this is a way to receive it. Hope you try this "recipe:.

CAUTION: if you are lactose intolerate, I wouldn't try this!

6 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

This sounds delish!! What is the carmel flavoring, though? (I have no clue about such stuff)

MommaBoo said...

Kwizgiver,

I found my flavoring in the tea/coffee isle at my super market. It's a syrup that has had flavoring added to it.

Kinda fattening, but I get the sugar-free version 'cos I'm special. My mom says so!

Jannis said...

I love love love Italian cream sodas! My current fav is coconut cream, I will try Jennieboos Carmel cream and thanking you sarcastically in advance if I get "hooked" on these! Besos

Beckie said...

good golly, I had decided what I was going to say in comments before I brought up the comment window and it is EXACTLY what Kwizgiver said!!

That sounds Delish! spelled the same and everything - I'm not even fibbing...

Shan said...

Sounds yummy!

Debs said...

:O OH MY!
I am going to have to try some of this! :D