Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Madness - 7/16/07


1. Do you feel that children these days are disciplined enough?
Heck, no! Children are allowed to "run wild" under the assumption that they're "expressing themselves". If I had "expressed myself" the way kids are allowed to today, I would have had a sore hiney!

2. What are your thoughts about the "time out chair?"
This is a good idea in certain circumstances. However, if a child does something that deserves a "spanking" they should get it. Minor offenses can be handled in the "Time Out Chair". Just like in our "Real Life" justice system. Punishment should be determined by the severity of the crime.


3. When YOU were a child, what form of discipline did your parents use most often?
When my parents told me they were "disappointed" in something I'd done, it was far worse than any "spanking". However, I got my fair share of "spankings". :D

4. Did your parents have to constantly remind you of the guidelines they set for you, or did they just have to LOOK at you as a "gentle" reminder?
Both. Some things were just known to be bad. Others, not so much. Whenever my Daddy gave me "the look" I would automatically burst into tears. Needless to say, "the look" always got my attention!

5. What are your thoughts about screaming kids in public places?


Muzzles, they're not just for "pooch" anymore!

6. What do you feel is the BIGGEST mistake parents make when it comes to disciplining children?
Disciplining while angry. Adults can sometimes forget their bigger and stronger than children. "Spankings" especially should be administered AFTER an adult has "calmed down" and accessed the situation.

7 comments:

Judy said...

Jennie... I had to laugh at your comment about the muzzles! And, I agree, parents need to discipline when they are calm. Otherwise it becomes "punishment" not "discipline"... and there is a difference.

Melanie said...

Great answers! It sounds like we were raised the same way.

Anonymous said...

I am package with two pics on it.
One is of a screaming kid and a distressed mom.
The next is a muzzled kid with a smiling mom.
And your slogan is written across the bottom.
LOL.
Hope all is well.
Your pics got comments very quickly at the group site!
Take care,
Frances

Tori :) said...

I agreed with everyone of your answers!!

Debs said...

I love love love your muzzle comment. LMAO

I had my share of spankings, but it did me good. I am not in prison or on the streets. :)

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your answer to #5... not a bad idea. too funny!

Your answer to #6 was a very smart one.


TheBitterQueen

Kathleen said...

I really hope you're joking about the muzzles! Good answer for number 6.
http://callistasramblings.blogspot.com/2007/07/monday-madness-discipline.html