Monday, July 09, 2007

Fun Monday! for 7/9/07


Debi, from "Debi's Melon Patch" is hosting this week's Fun Monday. Check out her awesome blog, as well as the other Fun Monday participants, here: http://1crazysticher.blogspot.com/
Here is her request for today's Fun Monday challenge:

"This is my request. Show your favorite place to relax. It can be a chair, corner, ledge, or limb. :) Get out those cameras and take pics or just write how you feel when you are in your "zone"."

My couch. We watch t.v. here, I read, knit and draw here. I also like to nap and lay back on "The Hubby" and watch the news here. It's an ugly geometric design, so it's covered with a tan slip-cover.

Next, we have my computer chair. I, of course, blog in it. "The Hubby" plays HalfLife 2 in it and our kitty, Miss Cleo Ann likes to nap in it.

Now, we go out onto my patio. This is the swing we got last year from my parents for our anniversary. I like to sit out on our patio, in the swing, at twilight and read or write in my journal. It's so peaceful and relaxing.

And last, but not least, is our bed. It was a gift from my parents for our wedding. It's a full, rod-iron and wood posted bed. The mattress is perfect and my pillow is a memory foam pillow. It's Heavenly!

Hope you enjoyed my Fun Monday. Pardon the dust! Thanks Debi, for a fun challenge!

BRAVO!!

16 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Fun Monday, you have shown some great places to relax. I especially like the porch swing. There are few things more relaxing than a porch swing on a lazy summer afternoon.

Anonymous said...

So many comfy spots! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than a patio swing. Love them! All your comfy places look great. And such a neat bed.

Debs said...

Great comfy spots. I love the porch swing! :)

Beccy said...

Am very jealous of the porch swing, your sofa looks very cosy too.

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats a comfy bed!

Karina said...

Very nice bed! My bed is one of my comfy spots too! :D

Unknown said...

Your couch looks SOOO comfy!

Robinella said...

I love porch swings! The last one I had was in our first house (built in 1914) and the swing must have been as old because when my Mom's husband who is 6'4" sat in it, it fell to the porch. He wasn't hurt, but we were in stitches. :-)

Debbie said...

Cozy places indeed. Love the bed.

Raven_Dase said...

Seems like you have alot of nice comfy places to stitch. I dont stitch in my bed cause I would fall sleep with my needle and wake up screaming cause it poked me in my bohind! :D:D:D Spike is cool hes soo adorable. :D Sunni

ChrisB said...

Oh a patio swing what a wonderful present. Your computer chair is not showing for me. That looks like a settee made for two- very cosy!

Pamela said...

I really should get a swing.
Dark green in bedroom is loverly....

willowtree said...

LOL! Your post is a lot like mine (but without all the critters), so obviously I =ike it all.

Kaytabug said...

I'm lovin' the swing!

bichonpawz said...

The patio swing is GREAT! The kitty is very cute and looks quite calm!! Your party pics look like a fun time was had by all and that is what counts. I didn't see ANY dust at all.... :)