Saturday, April 29, 2006

Jennie-Boo aka Mrs. Fix-It

This morning, I decided to fix the upstairs toilet. It would not flush because something was broken on the handle inside the tank. I unscrewed the knob-thingy, took the old broken handle off and replaced it with new handle. I even used a wrench to get the knob-thingy off! Go Jennie-Boo!! Cute as can be AND handy, too!!

I asked God for help one time because I could get the chain unkinked. He helped me and Hallejuah! It's fixed. No back lid to lift up and pulling on the broken handle for flushing in the dark at 3 o'clock in the morning!

I'm not as helpless as I thought!!! Since my stroke, I depend on Mike for almost everything difficult because I'm so physically slow. It makes me feel kinda proud of myself when I'm able to do something alone. It helped him, too. Now he won't have to do it. Yay Jen!

I know it's probably no big deal, but I kinda feel good about it...........a little milestone. Whatever....

0 comments: