Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Room 101

(Things, people, places, situations etc you hate/loathe/dispise/don't like very much belong in Room 101.)

Dusting


Just the mere utterance of the word conjures up my never-ending battle with the irritating layer of fuzz that clinges to every surface in my home. Not only does it make my husband and I sneeze, but it is such an eye-sore (LITERALLY! Itchy, watery eyes bombared with dust, SUX!)


I dust with feather dusters, endust-laden microfiber clothes and synthetic fiber dusters. I vaccum. I sweep up dust bunnies. I try to protect wooden surfaces with various dollies and tablecloths, all to no avail. Two days later I must go through the same irritating battle over the microscopic devils. I've come to believe, any resistence is futile.


Therefore, I banish my tiny nemisis to Room 101. The only "good" place for it. (Plus I'm under the wild fantasy that Room 101 doesn't have to be cleaned, at least by me!)