Thursday, October 11, 2007


1. Do you like it when musicians do covers of original songs? Why/why not? Sometimes I do. Sometimes the covers are actually better than the originals. Sometimes not.

2. Do you think musicians in general are weird? Why/why not? Not all musicians are weird. Some are and some aren't. They're just like regular people, they just happen to entertain for a living.

3. What about when a musician goes out of their realm and tries something new? Sometimes this can be successful. Sometimes not. The thing is most people identify someone with their original self. It a very risky venture trying to "re-invent" yourself, unless you're Madonna or Cher! Are you able to keep an open mind about it, or are you one of those people who likes their artists to stay in the same general area musically? Why/why not? I belief music is art and sometimes art can change with the artist's life situations. However, I do admit to liking some stars to remain similar, at least. I guess I'm just picky.

2 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

i agree...sometimes covers are actually better than the originals...i really, really like when edwin mccain covers seal's crazy so much better!

MommaBoo said...

You know Seal covered it from some 70's song I believe.

It so ROCKS! I like McCain's version, too!