Tuesday, September 25, 2007


Were you more likely to have a crush or be the crush? Definitely have the crush. I was, and still am, nothing special. I was, and am, a fat, frizzy-haired nerd. I never had a boyfriend in school. My husband was and is my only boyfriend and I'm so blessed to know he loves me.

Were you more likely to lead or be lead? I always followed. I wasn't popular in school. I wasn't what people considered "cool" or whatever. However, I never followed if it was against my beliefs. Therefore, I didn't do all the "high school" shenanigans my "friends" did.

Were you more likely set trends or follow trends? See previous answer.

Were you more likely speak your mind or remain quiet? I spoke my mind on issues I considered important. Others things, trivial things, I didn't waste my breath on. No one listened to me anyway.

From the above four questions, what two answers have changed the most? None of them really. I guess I haven't matured enough. Thing is, I really don't care about school anymore. It was years ago and many of those people I will never be forced to see again. Like a friend once said, I've kept in touch with the people I gave a hoot about. I wish all the other ones well, but I just really don't care anymore.

4 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

ok, ms. boo...stop right there! you are so VERY FAR FROM "nothing special"...

the mob mentality of high schoolers preying on those who dare to follow their paths...well, i know what side of this i am teaching my children to fall on!

just the fact that you were *yourself* in the tumultous time tells me that you are, indeed, something VERY special!!

keep being THE BOO!!! :)

Special K ~Toni said...

WHAT??? nothing special???? Are you smoking crack? That is bull sh*t! You are pretty damn special to the hubby, the rest of your family, me and the rest of blogtopia!

Go look in the mirror, and tell yourself "I am special!" 100 times!

Debs said...

YOU are indeed special.

For me school was so long ago and I could care less seeing any of the people I went to school with.

I may do this Back In The Day myself. :D

Judy said...

This is my first visit here, via Tuesday Twosome, and I have to agree with everyone else. The fact you were able, as a high school student, to speak out on things you considered important and to follow your own conscience about things, make you very special. A lot of teens take the road of least resistance so I think anyone who can stay true to themselves is doing well :-)