Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday Twosome ~9/11/2007~


Where were you 6 years ago? Explain:
I was on my way to work in Luverne, Alabama. (This was while I was still living with my parents.) I had the radio on and I was listening to my favorite morning show. In the middle of a song, a reporter broke in and announced that the first tower had been hit. I pulled off on the side of the road, called my mother and sobbed for about 10 minutes.
I then drove the rest of the way to work with my radio on. When I got to work, we drug a t.v. into our office and watched in horror as the second tower was hit. It was like a nightmare!
We kept the t.v. on all day and I was responsible for watching and taking notes on all the news stories. Another lady covered the phones for me. It was so surreal and horrifying.
That night, my parent's church had a prayer "vigil" for the victims/families/rescue workers/etc. I stayed home and watched the reports on television. I also talked with "The Hubby", then my fiance, for over an hour on the phone. Like I've said, it was a horrible nightmare.

What two major emotions do recall feeling? Shock and disbelief. This kind of thing NEVER happens in America!

Who were the first two people you called that day? My mother and my fiance (now my husband)

What two words best describes that day for you? Surreal and nightmare-like

What two major changes in your life has occurred since that day?
I am closer to my Heavenly Father and my loved-ones are more important to me now than they ever were before.

4 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

that day changed everything...all i wanted to do was get my husband home from work (we were homeschooling so the children & i were already together)...i just wanted to sit together & hug each other tight.

we spent a lot of time getting in touch with our scattered extended family too.

Beckie said...

I was at home and I remember my husband and Mom calling me on the phone telling me to turn on the TV.

Debs said...

I just got home from taking kids to school. I was numb and shocked.

I called my mom.

Scary and disbelief was how I felt the rest of the day.

I too am closer to God and I make sure to keep in touch with my love ones and tell them I LOVE Them. You never know what can happen.

Zoooma said...

I can't do it. Too horrible of a day for me to recall it all even just the where I was and what I was doing. Whenever there's an image on TV of the pile or one of the planes hitting the towers or the fire afterwards, I've got to immediately turn away and not watch it; hopefully my finger's on the remote and I can change the channel. Just too painful.