Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Madness ~9/10/07~


1. Do you have children in school? No, not yet. We are "child-less" at the moment.
2. Are YOU currently in school (any level)? No. I'd like to take some classes on my own, though. Maybe ART or CREATIVE WRITING.
3. Did you (or your children) attend a public or private school? All of my family attend public schools, except for my sister. She attended a "private" college.

4. As far as formal education, what level have you completed? I attended a Junior college.

5. Do you, or did you have loans out for your (or your children's) education? No. Me and my parents paid for my college education. My sister was awarded a full-tuition scholarship. (My "counselor" didn't help me apply for any scholarships. Academically, I was tied for 4th in my graduating class of 68.)
6. What are your thoughts on the cost of tuition for colleges and universities? I know colleges need to charge money for education, because a college degree isn't a "priority" for most states. The prices charged are to high, in my opinion. My family may disagree with me here, but, Georgia and Florida both have lotteries. Any child in those states who wants a college education, can get one. This is because the money made from the lottery funds education. I really think that is amazing. (In all fairness, however, lotteries CAN have negative consequences, too.)

5 comments:

Suprina said...

We have a lottery type of system for kids that live in Tennessee as well. I am so Thankful that my husband doesn't have to pay for books or tuiton. Although, we still are going to have to take out a student loan. Hopefully, it will be the only one.
Great MM!
Have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

We have a daughter in college right now and am so happy we have community colleges. It saves on the ol' pocket book:)Have a great week.

Jennifer said...

Great answers!
I've thought I'd like to go back to school but had no idea what to study....NOW I don't have the option since I'm homeschooling our children.

Deb said...

That lottery system sounds like a good idea! I wish more states would value higher education and find ways to help keep the costs down.

Great answers! :)

Beckie said...

I want' aware of the lottery systems for education. That is really interesting.