Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's official. "The Hubby" took me to PriMed last night. After waiting around for 4 hours(!) I was told I had a hairline fracture in the bone of my toe. No wonder it hurt so badly! X-rays showed the break and the pain I feel, does too!

Here are some pics of various "tippie-related" items because I'm addicted to blogging!


(The infamous "step" that landed smack dab on my tippie. Made of heavy wood, it packed quite a punch!)
( My taped tippies. Since toes cannot be "set", they are usually taped to adjoining toes so they'll heal straight.)

(The outrageously attractive "walking boot" I'll be in for the next 4 to 6 weeks. WooooHooo!)

(The pain pills "The Hubby" will only let me take at night. They really dope me up! I'm an Alieve girl during the day per Dr. "Hubby".)

I never knew watering a peace lily would lead to a broken toe. Despite the annoyance and dull throbbing, I guess I'm okay. Man, I'm such a big baby!

7 comments:

Tiggerlane said...

You poor thing! No good way to heal a broken toe.

And watch out for those peace lilies...according to Dirty Uncle Mark, they are poisonous, too!

pussreboots said...

Blogging is dangerous to feet. You're the third blogger I know who has broken a toe this year! (((hugs)))

Beckie said...

Bummer, JennieBoo! I know that toe injuries hurt - a lot! Take it easy - let Hubby baby you for a while!

Anonymous said...

I suspected it might be broken when I first saw the photo of you toe... I hope you are not too much in pain. I wish you a speed recovery! :-)

Happy WW!
Mine is up at Tricotine

ZAM said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Hope you get well soon. I mean the tippies to get well real quick. I hope your feeling better by the time you read this.

Kwizgiver said...

While you're off your feet, here's a meme I'm tagging you for.

what if this is as good as it gets?: I had the time of my life...

Take care!!
~Allison

Anonymous said...

Oh ouch!! Sorry to read about your broken tippy :o( The...uh...walking boot...is uh....cute. No really. Blue is your tippy's color. Cough. Oh well. Take a couple of those pills and the blue will turn into all sorts of wild colors for you. You take care JennieBoo!!