Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ten on Tuesday ~8/28/2007~


Ten on Tuesday
Our mission today is to list 10 things you like about your job.
I'm a stay-at-home wife, so my job is "housekeeping".

Here's what I like about it.....

1. I like when my home is clean and straight. I feel more at ease.

2. I like the smell of "cleaners". The feeling i get when I smell the fragrance is one of comfort.

3. I do it well. I might not be fast, but I try to do it well.

4. I like knowing my hubby has a nice, clean "refuge" to come home to after 9 hours at the office.

5. When it's clean and straight, I love to just walk through and look at it.

6. I enjoy knowing I've succeeded in helping our "family" have a sanitary living space.

7. I like when my mother and or sister tell me my home looks "nice". They actually appreciate the fact that I get on my knees and scrub scuffs off the floors. I know it's because they do the same.

8. I feel like I've accomplished something important when I'm done "cleaning" the house. Even if it never stays that way.

Well, I feel like I'm repeating myself, so I'm gonna stop at 8, today!
BTW, Tell the person who keeps your house THANK YOU and that the place looks nice! It's normally the only "payment" we get! :)

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Keeping a home clean all the time is hard work- and people who don't do it aren't really aware of how much time it actually takes.

I like your #4- I try to do the same thing. My hubby works so hard all day I don't want him to have to come home to a messy, dusty, chaotic environment. How could he relax if it our house was a disaster? So, I work hard to keep our home clean and organized.

Linda said...

I love the smell of a freshly cleaned house too. Thought mine would stay clean when I retired, but it doesn't. I'm always running out the door with the bed left unmade.

This is my first time visiting you and want you to know I've enjoyed reading your list.

Patois42 said...

There is much to be said for a clean house. I, too, like that clean house smell. (Interestingly, I'm not a fan of the new car smell.)

Becky said...

Oooh, I love the smell of cleaners, too, and a clean house! Good one! Happy Tuesday!!

Debs said...

Love your list and you are right. A "Thank You" is the only payment we get. :)

I enjoy the smell of the house when I mop it.

PJD said...

I was raised by a single dad who traveled a lot for work. We had a husky/shepherd mix that shed like you would not believe. I remember my dad taking the wire dog brush to the carpet and pulling up enough dog hair to knit a sweater and matching socks. I kind of got used to a cluttered environment, but I have to admit that when the place is shiny and spotless, I tend to feel a lot more comfortable and at ease.

Keep up the good work!

Karina said...

I completely agree the feeling of walking through your house after you finish cleaning it is a wonderful one.

OH, and I just thanked myself for keeping my house clean...well, when I keep it clean! ;-)

qualcosa di bello said...

jennie...i love all those things about keeping our home. it gives me great joy to provide a respite for D. after a hard days work.

& another favorite is the smell of fresh laundry, especially sundried sheets.