Friday, July 13, 2007

Zorak...can you help me?

I had my weekly Friday lunch with my Bob (Daddy) at Shogun, a local Japanese Steakhouse, (Bob calls it "Shot Gun" cos' he's CRAZY!!!) The chef performed for us and it was delicious, of course!

When Bob dropped me back off at Casa Bowen, I noticed how I needed to dead head my yellow butterfly flower.
As I was pulling off the dead stems and flowers, I noticed a Praying Mathis. I've never seen one in "real life". I ran inside and grab my trusty digital camera. After snapped about 25 pictures, I came inside and downloaded them. Here are the best 2 of the bunch:










Anyway, after thinking about it a while, I remembered where I'd seen a cartoon Praying Mathis before. His name was Zorak and he was on "Space Ghost Coast to Coast":
There used to be a "segment" where kids "called in" and asked for advice and for solutions to their "problems". There was even a song. It went "Zorak...Can you help me?" and he'd say "Sure kid, just ask ol' Zorak".

Anyway, that was my "coolness" for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was akid my granmother bought a big bunch of parsley and inside was a giant praying mantis. She got it on a ruler and let it inside. Did you know you can be fined for killing one?
Thanks for visiitng my Friday Feast.
Cactus pears are incredible. They have a thick skin that oeels of fairly easily. The skin has tiny cactus needles on it - so be careful. Inside the fruit is ruby red and sweet and I just love it.
Take care,
Frances

Joanne said...

Ha ha ha! I remember Space Ghost and Zorak. That's funny. Just wanted to thank you for the well wishes and for checking out my blog via "That's MY Answer". Have a good weekend!