Wednesday, July 04, 2007

http://bdinsanity.blogdrive.com/

Wednesday Mind Hump - Independence Day Edition
Hello everyone! Happy 4th, to all my American readers. Happy Wednesday to all my non-American readers. Today's Mind Hump is all about America.

1. Which historical American figure would you most like to be for a day - George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, or Thomas Jefferson? Benjamin Franklin, he didn't own slaves, that I'm aware of, as did the other two. Also he was a writer, statesman and inventor. COOL!
2. America was born partly with the help of the Declaration of Independence. Now, in 2007, make your own declaration right here. I declare one day a month, preferably the 25th of each month, CHOCOLATE DAY! You can eat all you want and not gain an ounce! (It's a declaration, not a way to bend the rules of Physics.....DERN IT!)
3. To sidetrack from the American theme a bit - Great Britain lost 13 colonies, but there are surely things that can make up for that loss. Name something about Britain that you admire or enjoy. I love British accents! They sound so elegant and cultured.
4. Ok, back to America - what do YOU love about America? My freedom first and foremost. I can worship as I like. I am a woman, but I don't have to cover my face. If I get sick, my country has the best medical doctors in the world. I always have enough to eat. When it works, the justice system is wonderful, so I'm safe. My husband can earn the wages he is actually worth! We can have as many children as God blesses us with. If I want something, I can drive down to the local store and get it. I Love America for so many reasons!
Happy 4th of July, all!
Happy Birthday, America!

0 comments: