Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This n' That

Lots of stuff has happened around here lately. I'm going to take a cue from my friend Suzy and lump it into one post. Thanks Suzy!
*Mike and I went to see "To Kill a Mockingbird" at the Shakespeare Festival. Based on my favorite book, you know I knew every line. It was wonderful and of course I cried. Even though Gregory Peck wasn't Atticus (he's the only TRUE Atticus Finch, in my book. All the others are just imitating...) it was a splendid perforance. I was sooooooooooooo pleased.
*Gea-Mom, Steve-O, Imos and I painted her classroom at Hooper, Monday of last week. I went by yesterday, and it looks really good. The colors Imos picked compliment her border beautifully. The pink's a little too pink, but I think it'll be okay. Best of Luck to IMOS!!!

*Mike's new job at Regions Bank Computer Resolution Center is going well. Yesterday was the start of week 2 and I believe he feels confident. Yay for my Mikey-Baby!

*Brian, Monica's hubby, started his new job with Lockheed Martin yesterday. I emailed them at home to see how it went. Good Luck, Brian!

*Saturday, we grilled out steaks and had a movie night over at our house with Monica and Brian. We were celebrating our hubbies new jobs and general merry-making for it's own sake. We had steaks (portobella mushroom for me), baked potato salad, green salad, corn on the cob and garlic bread. Monica made chocolate-covered strawberries and pretzels and I, of course, devoured the lot! We watched "The Village" and Cleo put on a show, also. It was a great time that MUST be repeated soon!

*Daddy-Bob delivered the message to Highland Home Baptist, Sunday. He spoke on Commitment to God/Jesus through Worship and Work. The scripture was focused mainly in Matthew 10: 43-48, with several other supporting scriptures. I do believe the more Bob speaks, the better he does. I was very proud of him, even though he'd say it was all God working through him. This is true, but a willing, humble servant is needed for God to speak through, so there ya go!

*I shut three of my fingers on my right hand into the cardoor Sunday afternoon. I was trying to get out to get some lunch and the door swung back on me. I'd locked the door, so I had to unlock it before I could get the door opened off of them. Bob went and got me some ice at the restaurant and got me some ice. They're sore, but thank God, that's all. Whew!!!!!
Well, that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure more will come to me later.
Sayonara for now!

0 comments: